quarta-feira, 12 de novembro de 2008

Email to a Friend or With a little help from a Friend

You don't want me to call you, fine. JUST FINE. It won't keep me from writing you.

So I called her and said: " What about... Mueller, six o'clock?" She said ok, but I regreted imediatelly I had even called her. My brother had broken up with his girlfriend a few days earlier and I thought he might need me. But he said it was ok, so... I went for it.

I got there at 5:15 to check out some books. She arrived exactly at six. "What are we going to do now ?", I asked. "What about the movies?" I said "yeah", so we checked out the schedule. There was this movie going on at 6:30. We bought the tickets, which I paid for and the 24 reais hurt. Besides, I wasn't much into movies that day.

I wanted to talk. So we talked a little bit before the movie - very little -, she bought popcorn and we went there. I felt like it was already the worst date I had ever been to. I didn't know what to say, it was weird, and she wasn't talking much either. So the film started and we stopped talking at all. No holding hands and nothing like that. The film was nice. Al Pacino and DeNiro, and yet, just nice. When the movie ended it was late and we went to the bus stop.

(I know what you're thinking, but see, it was a poor people´s date.)

Did it feel like a bad date? Well, got even worse. We were both tired and didn't talk at all. But, when we got to the bus stop, I had to say something and a light from the gods crossed my mind.

"What are you perspectives about us?"
"What do you mean exactly?"
I was speechless. She smiled sweetly.
"Are you shy?", she asked.
I don't think of myself as a shy person, but that awful date had made me shy. She gave me some help:
"What exactly you wanna do now?"
" If I had the nerves I would be kissing you right now."
Silence.
"Well,"
Silence again.
"I'm waiting."

What nice words to be said... So we kissed. Nothing very romantic: kissing at the bus stop with a lot of drunk people around heading home after a walk in Passeio Público. But she kissed so well and I was kissing so well that there was no better place to be but... there. The bus arrived, crowded. She said: "Don't worry. I'm not in a rush". God, it was great to hear that.
After that kiss everything changed. We kissed, huged, talked and kissed a little more. Did I already tell she kissed amazingly? Well, she did. A few buses passed by but we didn't care at all. When we finally got into one she started to say some great stuff. Nothing romantic, just things about herself, that revealed her character, and what a nice one! She invited me to go the "leprosario" with the SBEE people, told me about her volunteering experience in an institute for sick children. You don't always find a girl who do that. And we talked more. What an inversion: ten minutes earlier it was the worse date and now I couldn't let go of her. Every block the bus got by made me aflicted. I wanted it to last. We kissed more, talked more. Just perfect.

But it had to end and so it did. I went home with the greatest of ease!

I called her yesterday. The conversation wasn't as fluent as in the bus. Either of us are great phone talkers. I mentioned going out on friday but she didn't get much excited, for she works on saturday. I know we are just knowing each other. I know she may not be the girl I want to spend my life with. She might not even be a girl for a short term relationship, but that kiss was all I was longing for, to end up with a bad season that was carring on endlessly. I feel alive again, I'm seeing things in a different perspective. Things are going to be fine now, I can feel it!

email corrigido pela querida Barbara Lovelock que me é uma inspiração!

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

não tinha visto os créditos queridos ainda! beijos*!